Lunch in Diamond City
Lunch in Diamond City
by Sarazann Greenwood
"Dad, I just don't understand why I have to be king of Nightmares." Zane fell back into his chair heart pounding in trepidation. His father's complacent face erupted veins and heated to a pale red. Zane considered his options and for fear of his own sanity he spread his arms wide and lowered his head.
"Father I don't mean to upset you. I merely believe placing me in that stature would bring dishonor to our house. Diamond City kings are very well respected. I am too simple minded to be capable of following in your grand footsteps." He kneels before the Nightmare King.
"Father your deeds will always exceed my meager capabilities." Zane's insides curled with this admonition. He, like the other Kings, knew his father was a bumbling oaf and not worthy of the seat. The King's face softened and shined with childlike pride.
"Yes son, I know you will never be as great as I, but you are my son, and like our fathers before us you will assume my power upon my death."
Zane smiled and cordially left the room. The poisoned food tray lay just outside the door.
"Yes, father upon your death your power will be mine.”
by Sarazann Greenwood
"Dad, I just don't understand why I have to be king of Nightmares." Zane fell back into his chair heart pounding in trepidation. His father's complacent face erupted veins and heated to a pale red. Zane considered his options and for fear of his own sanity he spread his arms wide and lowered his head.
"Father I don't mean to upset you. I merely believe placing me in that stature would bring dishonor to our house. Diamond City kings are very well respected. I am too simple minded to be capable of following in your grand footsteps." He kneels before the Nightmare King.
"Father your deeds will always exceed my meager capabilities." Zane's insides curled with this admonition. He, like the other Kings, knew his father was a bumbling oaf and not worthy of the seat. The King's face softened and shined with childlike pride.
"Yes son, I know you will never be as great as I, but you are my son, and like our fathers before us you will assume my power upon my death."
Zane smiled and cordially left the room. The poisoned food tray lay just outside the door.
"Yes, father upon your death your power will be mine.”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home