In the Heather
In the Heather
by Sarazann Greenwood
I spoke your name today, over cereal and a newspaper.
The world’s foundation cracked, my mind shook in pain.
Your spirit consecrated a hapless heart with love’s hope.
Foundation still askew gave way to mirrored blessings.
I blame my selfish lies for failing you in my heart.
Expectations and fear of peace created my reality.
You are beautiful, a soul that dances on waves.
Jealousy bends to amiable wills and failed remorse.
I fear us as one, I fear sacrificing you to my pride.
You need love pure and whole with humility.
I can not love that way, I’m prisoned in my heart.
You see a perfection of woman’s grace in me.
I am blind to those eyes and forsake redemption.
Your love is precious and filled with boundless passion.
I love like a caged bird, high on a pedestal, painted in sun.
You are my rising moon, I am your setting sun, we are parted.
Our love is in the land of spirits where life’s blood is flowing from an ever spring, lifted high into the angel’s balcony, wafting into blessed funerals of promised wishes. Wishes heaped upon passions and tears, living in the daylight of god’s journey. Together we are children in a light of an unknown love. A serendipitous meeting of souls, combined for eons, waiting in the heather of time for the most able movement of love’s embrace. We are a soul, apart.
by Sarazann Greenwood
I spoke your name today, over cereal and a newspaper.
The world’s foundation cracked, my mind shook in pain.
Your spirit consecrated a hapless heart with love’s hope.
Foundation still askew gave way to mirrored blessings.
I blame my selfish lies for failing you in my heart.
Expectations and fear of peace created my reality.
You are beautiful, a soul that dances on waves.
Jealousy bends to amiable wills and failed remorse.
I fear us as one, I fear sacrificing you to my pride.
You need love pure and whole with humility.
I can not love that way, I’m prisoned in my heart.
You see a perfection of woman’s grace in me.
I am blind to those eyes and forsake redemption.
Your love is precious and filled with boundless passion.
I love like a caged bird, high on a pedestal, painted in sun.
You are my rising moon, I am your setting sun, we are parted.
Our love is in the land of spirits where life’s blood is flowing from an ever spring, lifted high into the angel’s balcony, wafting into blessed funerals of promised wishes. Wishes heaped upon passions and tears, living in the daylight of god’s journey. Together we are children in a light of an unknown love. A serendipitous meeting of souls, combined for eons, waiting in the heather of time for the most able movement of love’s embrace. We are a soul, apart.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home